On May 3, 1943 the Ralph Maffett family moved to Little Hocking
area. On the following Lord's Day, lacking transportation
to attend elsewhere, they invited others to worship with them
in their home. Brother Charles Cochran came to make his
home with them, started preaching, and invited neighbors to worship.
Fred Tice, Walter Everson, Bob Sams, along with others took turns
Tom Butterfield was the preacher for the first gospel meeting
for the church of Christ at Red Bush July 23 through August 7,
The first service for the church of Christ at Little Hocking
was held on March 26, 1972 with Dale Dotson as the speaker. The
dedication was held on October 27, 1974 with Charles Brown giving
the sermon based on Nehemiah 2:18 Let us rise up and build."
The following week Charles Pugh III held the first Gospel meeting
for the church at Little Hocking.
John Tyler became the first part-time minister in December 1972
and held that position until April 1978. Roger
Rush followed and became the first full-time minister in April
1978 and served until July 1982. Steve
Fuchs began working with the congregation in October 1982
and moved onto Lubeck
on January 1, 2006. Beginning May 2006, Mark
Tonkery took many of the works on from the past leadership.
In the past
years many young men from Ohio Valley College (now OVU)
have worked with the congregation as associate ministers.
Many fine Christian men have served as elders and deacons in
the past Years,
Current Elders Are Bob Swain,Charlie Cramlet And Gary Kehl.